i guess i could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world...sometimes i feel like i'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... and then i remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and i can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... you have no idea what i'm talking about, i'm sure. but don't worry... you will someday.


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

.Ooh La.

..Stuff I did for sculpture last year. Playing around with once again, one simple material that can be then used in an unconventional and untraditional way. This was for an assignment I had to do, where everyone in class had to individually create a small sized model that was meant to act as our own idea for a public art proposal. I used buttons and a hot glue gun to stick them together. I made three similarly sized button towers, which i presented alongside one another. The public artwork was supposedly going to be placed on the first floor of the Kaurna Building. I decided to use buttons as a way of contrast from the dull and somewhat tedious atmoshpere of the uni and it's environment. With this, I also wanted to communicate this idea that learning can be fun, creative and evolving. The buttons create a more playful and colourful environment that contrasts from the grey concrete floors and harsh stone-like walls that surround you in that building. I named it Ooh La...



1 comment:

  1. I love that i have such a talented creative friend :) xx

    ReplyDelete