i guess i could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world...sometimes i feel like i'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... and then i remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and i can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... you have no idea what i'm talking about, i'm sure. but don't worry... you will someday.


Thursday, March 18, 2010

.THE MAKING IS THE THINKING. THERE IS NOTHING ELSE.

Just a few paintings I did today during class using charcoal, and acrylic paint - dry brush technique. Going back into the piece with the charcoal, and then again with paint etc. It's part of my backup for my major assesment due at the end of the semester. Focusing on the human body.. Here focusing on the hands. Using dry brush to create a more rough and textured surface to convey some sort of narrative and story of a person. Experiences, time, ageing etc. I'm really happy with the final result of these pieces even though they were only experiments. I'll be working on more of these, experimenting and developing them further - materials etc. I worked from photographs by artist John Coplans.



^^ Experimenting with paint application here, playing with colour also.


♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

No comments:

Post a Comment