i guess i could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world...sometimes i feel like i'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... and then i remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and i can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... you have no idea what i'm talking about, i'm sure. but don't worry... you will someday.


Monday, March 15, 2010

.LOVE ME TWICE TODAY.

So I was doing some research in the library today and got a bit comfy on my lonesome with my bottle of daily juice and a stack of art magazines and amazing books on contemporary artists. Some pieces I came across that I liked.




NORITOSHI HIRAKAWA - "Garden of Nirvana"
- Hangers, used ladies' underwear (Installation).

MARINA ABRAMOVIC


Performance - "Nude With Skeleton".

Performance - "The Lips of Thomas"

This performance by Abramovic is just crazy!. Yes it is as intense as it looks in this image. Nude infront of her audience, performing an ice arena/area. Cuts and stabs herself. Draws the pentegram on her stomach with a knife. Lays on her back nude on the ice with a heater reflected on her open wounded bleeding stomach, causing more blood to make its way to the surface. I know you all think this is crazy, stupid, attention-seeking and somewhat pointless, but her artworks consist of the most realist ideas and topics which she addresses in all her pieces... It's worth a search if you are interested!! I honestly admire and love her.. and consider her as one of my most favourite contemporary artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment